Berwang in Winter – A Snowy Holiday Paradise for Families
You’ll find a sporting winter holiday in Berwang, from downhill and cross-country skiing, to ice sports (such as ice skating, curling and ice climbing), snowshoeing, tobogganing and sleigh rides.
The “Skischaukel Berwangertal” offers 36 kilometers of groomed slopes, and is the largest branch of the associated Tyrolean Zugspitzarena. Using the connection lifts Egghof Sun Jet and Biliglift, skiers can begin anywhere in the resort, and easily return again. And, because of the altitude, snow is relatively guaranteed. The resort features:
- 12 modern cable cars and lifts
- 36 km of groomed slopes
- Snowmaking machines, covering about 80% of the area
- Obstacle Park http://www.bergbahnen-berwang.at/winter/obstacle-park/obstacle-park.html
- Laser Biathlon Competition: www.biathlon-berwang.at
- Winter hiking http://www.bergbahnen-berwang.at/winter/winterwandern/winterwandern.html
- Natural toboggan run “Bärenritt” at Egghof Sunjet http://www.bergbahnen-berwang.at/winter/rodeln/rodeln.html
- Skishow Berwang at Egghof Sun Jet (every Tuesday at 20.30 clock from late December to early March)
- Spacious, free parking
- Train station directly at the Almkopfbahn in Bichlbach
- Traditional cottages
- Mountain railway Berwang
- Trail map PDF Download (via http://www.bergbahnen-berwang.at/)
- Ski School Berwang
- Webcams Zugspitzarena
- Sporting goods rental and shops as well as ski schools
- Snowshoeing in Berwangertal
- Winter hiking in Berwangertal
Online Evaluation of Ski Lift Usage
How many altitude meters have you done today? Have a look right now! Via Skilines, you may analyze your altitude, how many kilometers you’ve skied and the number of lifts you’ve used. The graphic display also indicates at what time any number of altitude meters were completed.
Night Skiing and Sledging at Egghof Sun Jet
Once a week, the slopes of the ski area are illuminated – a special highlight for those who want to whiz down the slopes in a romantic atmosphere. More information can be found here: http://www.bergbahnen-berwang.at/winter/nachtskilauf/nachtskilauf.html.
Throughout the Zugspitze region, skaters and classic cross-country skiers can explore 110km of versatile and linked trails.
Once a week, Laser Biathlon in Berwang offers a free trial before the race. On Tuesdays in Heiterwang, you can cross-country ski at night and experience the sport in a different light. More information can be found here: http://www.zugspitzarena.com/de/urlaubsthemen/langlaufen
The Zugspitz Arena boasts 54 lifts and 147 kilometers of slopes right outside the front door. And, because of its altitude, snow is almost guaranteed. The “Top Snow Card” will give you access to not only the Zugspitz ski area, but also the ski area in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and Mittenwald, which includes the Mountain Railway to the Zugspitze.
Bildnachweis: wasja @ depositphotos